It is the policy of Terenure Office Supplies to ensure that its activities are managed so as to minimise any impact on the environment, so far as is reasonably practicable.
In order to achieve this:
- The Company will manage its product range to ensure that products in the range do not cause unacceptable environmental damage through its receipt, storage, and use or disposal phases.
- The Company will develop the energy efficiency of its vehicle fleets. Future purchases and leases of vehicles will take account of the environmental impact of the models selected.
- The Company will aim to improve the energy efficiency of its premises. When considering future purchases or leases, account will be taken of the energy efficiency of the building, and of the energy costs involved in running our buildings.
- Wherever possible the Company will seek to minimise waste:
- Through reduction in unnecessary consumption
- Through purchasing recycled products and packaging for its own use
- By sending used products and packaging to be recycled
- Through reuse of packaging received.
- Employees at new sites will be encouraged to travel to work using environment friendly methods such as car sharing or use of public transport where practical